**This post may contain affiliate links to products I love. It cost you nothing extra but I earn a small commission when you order through them. These links help support this blog.**
One of my family’s favorite things to do during the warmer months is to pack up a cooler or picnic basket and head out on a road trip to one of our favorite outdoor spots. We love spending the days enjoying some beautiful scenery, fishing, or taking a nice hike.
We are very lucky to live near two of the most beautiful state parks of Arkansas. Petiti Jean State Park and Mount Magazine State Park are my two favorite places for us to hide away from the every day chores of life! I mentioned coolers and baskets so what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share a few of my favorite low carb and Trim Healthy Mama friendly dishes that will make your next picnic an awesome spread?
Gone are the days of boring baskets and simple sandwiches for those of us that try to eat healthier! So without further ramblings here are my “picnic picks”. Try saying that three times fast, ha! You will find some delicious recipes below from my blog as well as other blogging buddies that you may recognize. So grab a cooler or pack a basket and get out there and enjoy summer and some awesome food!
Main Dishes for the Cooler
Cool and Refreshing Sides for the Cooler
- Creamy Cauliflower Salad, My Table of Three
- Crunchy and Tangy Bacon Coleslaw, Darcie’s Dishes
- Sugar Free Waldrof Slaw, Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved
- Pickled Red Onions, My Table of Three
- Sweet and Sour Refrigerator Pickled Okra, Briana Thomas
- Bacon, Cheddar & Onion Deviled Eggs , My Table of Three
- Bacon Tomato Cucumber Salad, Simple Healthy Home
- Cauliflower Hummus, I Breath I’m Hungry
Portable & Crunchy Snacks for Munching
- Grain Free Granola, My Table of Three
- Low Carb Granola Toffee, My Table of Three
- 5 Different Flavor Kale Chips, A Home with Purpose
- Low Carb Granola, Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Garlic Poppy Seed Crackers, My Table of Three
Easy to Pack Desserts
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies, My Table of Three
- Briana’s House Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies, Briana Thomas
- Magic Cookie Bars, Joy Filled Eats
- German Chocolate Brownies, Carolyn Ketchum (via Swerve Website)
- Chocolate Walnut Bars, My Table of Three
- Low Carb Raspberry Limeade, All Day I Dream About Food
- Sugar Free Pink Lemonade, Nana’s Little Kitchen
- Kiwi Lime Cooler, Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved
*Some other cold cooler drink options would be Zevia Sodas, Bai Drinks, bottled water, unsweet or stevia sweetned tea.
Low Carb and THM “S” Bread Recipes for Sandwiches
- THM Queen’s Nuke Bread, video from the Authors of Trim Healthy Mama Books
- Low Carb Soul Bread, video from Cooking Keto with Kristie
- Briana’s Basic Bread, Briana Thomas
**Here are a few store bought options for lower carb bread would be Misson Low Carb Tortillas, Joseph Wraps or Pitas, Trim Healthy Mama Wonder Wraps (pg 205 of their cookbook).
Higher Carb and THM “E” Bread for Sandwiches
**Here are a few store bought options for higher carb and THM “E” bread would be: Ezekiel sprouted Breads, Angel Bake House Sprouted Breads, Joseph Wraps or Pitas, Trim Healthy Mama Wonder Wraps from their cookbook.
I hope you enjoy some of these tasty finds on our next picnic. I appreciate all of you guys for the support and for stopping and reading! For more sharing and fun come join me on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!
**Here are some of my favorite products I use and take along with us on our summer outings. These links are affiliate links. Ordering through them will not cost you a penny extra but I get a small commission which helps me support this blog and my family.
- My Favorite Picnic Basket for Four, WalMart.com
- Organic/Deet Free Bug Sprays, IHerb
- Portable Salad To Go Container with Dressing Storage, WalMart.com